Medium: Pastels on Clairefontaine Pastelmat®
Size: 11″ x 8.5″ (unframed)
Artwork Availability: Sold
This a pastel painting of beautiful Tulip flowers. It was created with soft pastels and pastel pencils.
What Does the Tulip Flower Mean?
For many cultures, the Tulip is a symbol of:
- Perfect, enduring love between partners or family members
- Undying passionate love, whether the passion is spurned or returned
- Royalty and a regal nature
- Forgotten or neglected love
- the 11th wedding anniversary
- Abundance, prosperity, and indulgence
- Charity and supporting the less fortunate
(Reference from http://www.flowermeaning.com/)
What on Earth is a Pastel?
Pastel as an artistic medium is pure pigment dust held together by a transparent binder and formed in a stick or encased in a pencil. Pastel works age beautifully, their brilliant colour does not fade with the passing of time.
How to care for your Pastel Painting
This artwork is painted on Clairefontaine Pastelmat®, a paper card specially created for pastel paintings. The pastel pigments bind greatly with the Pastelmat, and no fixative is needed to secure the applied layers. However, pastel works should never be directly touched. They are best kept under a matted, glass-protected frame and away from high humidity, direct sunlight, or extreme heat.